The reason I haven't been posting updates every day is twofold:
- I'm busy with EDMProd work
- It's genuinely not that interesting
I've been chipping away at outlining the curriculum over the past two days. I finished the "general" high-level outline on the 16th, and now I've pulled it into Roam (where I do most of my writing/research/outlining), and have started adding detail to the individual lessons.
I'm not going to outline the full course before I start writing the scripts and recording the videos. I want the 27 people who've pre-ordered so far to get access to it sooner rather than later.
Thoughts on the 100 Day Challenge
I've been thinking about the pros and cons of doing a challenge like this.
- It's a great way to kick yourself into gear and go from impulse/idea to action.
- The public accountability is motivating.
- You're forced to make decisions fast and not waste time on the noise.
- You make decisions that have short-term payoffs. This isn't always the best way to build a business.
- It's easy to fall into a "check the box" mentality, where you're doing work for the sake of doing work (due to public accountability)
I'm glad I'm doing it, but I probably won't do it again anytime soon after this 100 day cycle.